classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Launching 113

Peter Taylor
This post was updated on .
On the evening of 7th July after an immense rain storm my Morbic took to the water at Durleigh SC, ghosting along in next to no wind. She floated and took on no water other than what came from the sky. Success! This was just a quiet test sail with no fanfare - naming and celebrations will follow shortly no doubt. Thanks to all on the Forum who gave help and encouragement during the build - it was good to feel supported on what can otherwise be a solitary enterprise. I hope to get the oars made and thole pins installed in time for Clyweddog - looking forward to meeting some of you there.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Launching 113

PaulW
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Oooh - Icy cool blue!
The second fine looking Morbic 12 launched this month!.
Well done Peter.
Website updated accordingly. ("Known UK Morbics")
Clyweddog Rally only a few weeks away.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marc Lien
In reply to this post by Peter Taylor
Beautiful job Peter. I know the joy and pride you must be feeling now. Wishing you many happy adventures ahead.
Marc
Reply | Threaded
|

John S
Lovely! Good job all round. It’s a great feeling isn’t it?
I’m curious about the rudder fittings. It appears you went for ‘straps’ around the rudder stock?
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Taylor
Thanks John.  Yes I used Holt stainless fittings for the pintle and gudgeons. There just happened to be a 38mm model that fitted snuggly around 4 x 9mm ply plus 2mm of epoxy/glass and a couple of coats of paint. I think they strengthen the stock and were 1/4 the cost of the brass ones from Classic marine (lovely though they are, I couldn’t bring myself to shell out for them!). It was hard to get hold of all 4 during lock down -  I bought one rudder fitting from eBay, another from sailboat.co.uk and the transom fittings from Force 4.
Reply | Threaded
|

PaulW
Administrator
Hi Peter - Will we still be calling her "113" at Clyweddog, or will she have a name? - PW
(PS - Reminds me; we must paint and affix our name next time Proteus is in the workshop)
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Taylor
Hi Paul - I do hope so! My dilema is do I go for the name suggestion from my wife or my daughter! 😀