Sleeping aboard??

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sleeping aboard??

Daryl Foster
Have any of you intrepid morbic owners slept aboard? and if so how did it work out? I have yet to build mine having sat on the plans for about ten months (I bought a CLC Skerry that became available locally so the Morbic went on the back burner) Now though considering it again, but I feel being able to camp aboard is probably going to be one of my must haves so trying to decide whether I should go bigger ie Ilur, be interested to hear any views on whether sleeping aboard a morbic is a (albeit uncomfortable) possibility.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Sleeping aboard??

PaulW
Administrator
Hi Daryl.  (Sorry to be slow posting this - you've seen my emails)

IMHO Morbic enables comfortable camping for one person.  Two people would need to be “very good friends”.
Made a boom tent template from some scrap marquee material.  Sketched out a system for dual purpose deck-boards/one-person sleeping platform.  Project postponed.  Pictures & sketch available if you'd like them.

IIRC there are several postings on our Forum about boom tents, camping, etc.  Let me know if you cant find them

Other sources
Check UKHBBR forum.

Yes, Ilur is more spacious, but at the cost of being bigger (no surprise), costlier (and longer?) to build, needs more space in workshop, heavier (e.g. to launch and retrieve), needs bigger trailer, maybe stronger towing vehicle.  Roger Barnes of course makes it look very easy to handle afloat and on the slipway!
You’ve probably seen Mary Dooly has a Mirror with tent.  Could be worth doing it the same way?

Good luck.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Sleeping aboard??

Daryl Foster
Hi Paul,
yes many thanks fo the e mails, all very helpful info, I'm still mulling over whether I need to go a bit bigger but I'll keep you posted if I start in on the Morbic!
all the best, Daryl