classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New sailing season

Marc Lien
Hi -

I had a glorious day launching Highcroft for the first time this season and going for a couple of hours sail in Secret Water territory on the East Coast - Walton-on-the-Naze. It was such a joy to be back on the water. Also nice to get back in the swing of things and for the Morbic 12 to see in a second season.
Nearly ran out of water on the way back and getting the boat out on slimy slipway took nearly as long as the sail!

Anyway - wishing you all a fun season building and sailing FV’s fantastic little ships. Where are you all sailing?

Marc

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New sailing season

PaulW
Administrator
Hi Marc.
Good to see you're in action again - having evidently resolved your towing issues.
Are you now equipped to consider The Solent?

Proteus was sailing intermittently all winter at RSC* (and gained a prize for "Persistence")!
Stopped only about 10 days ago for "winter maintenance" which is now almost complete.

* ALL MORBICS welcome year-round at Reading Sailing Club's 60 acre lake.  Contact PW for details.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Taylor
In reply to this post by Marc Lien
Hi Marc,
glad you are enjoying being on the water in the warm snap we had - bit of a different prospect in today's weather here in Witney! I hope very much to sail in your company in 2022.
All the Best
Peter
Reply | Threaded
|

Portnastorm
I had a great day out in Chichester Harbour with the DCA yesterday.
My mate has ruptured his Achilleas Tendon which has curtailed his sailing for a few weeks but we managed to get him on board and I let him do most of the helming while I relaxed.

There wasn't a huge turnout but it's great to be out there while it's still quiet. In a few months East Head will be very busy.

My kind of sailing.

regards,
Graham
Graham Neil https://port-na-storm.blogspot.com/