Build from plan? Templates?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Build from plan? Templates?

Daryl Foster
Hello all, I am just starting my Morbic build journey, I have the plans and am considering whether to build from the plans or get a kit.
I would be interested in hearing from any off plan builders whether you also got the full size templates, and if they were good to use, or whether you just took the dimensions from the plans, and how that worked out for you.
all the best, Daryl
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Build from plan? Templates?

PaulW
Administrator
(DF & PW exchanged mails about this)
For the convenience of future builders; the essence was:-

PW - "Building from templates is a foreign country for me but as you've built several craft it should be less of a challenge.
On the website, see "Known UK Morbics" and you might find some builders who didn't use a kit.
... you could use the forum "search" facility to see what discussion there has been ....
"

DF - "... ... given the layout of the parts on the ply sheets it will be pretty difficult without the templates, so if I don't get a kit I will get the templates which seems a kind of middle ground, some of the work done for you but still plenty of scope to lash it up totally!"

PW - "IF you were veering toward a kit, Alec Jordan is your man.  There’s a link on the website.  It could be worth getting a quote at least, and comparing with today’s ply price.  We were very impressed with the quality of machining, and felt it good value for money, not to mention build time."
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Build from plan? Templates?

Daryl Foster
Thanks for that Paul, just as an update I have now received the templates from Francois Vivier, so I'll keep the forum posted when I make a start  on it, cheers m dears.